Friday 19 October 2012

Treasure

So, yes, to a surprise for my long-haired classmates, my 9th grade began with moving in a new creative direction.

For the Rosh HaShana we've made a weird decoration project in our class: one of the boys brought a bunch of vinyl records from home and we were drawing on them with gouache. Ahem, yes, back then I still wasn't a record collector and my heart wasn't breaking at the sight of a record that will no longer be played. The result was impressive but a bit scary. After the holidays I brought home the major part of painted records and pasted them on the walls around my room.

A few weeks later, while listening to another tape that I copied from Ilya Aronov, I started drawing on the wallpaper around one of the records. Now, another journey had begun: the journey towards turning my room into an ever-developing art object.

No comments:

Post a Comment