Monday 1 October 2012

Little Wonder

The day is still not over, so here comes the tune and a bit long story.

So, I was singing in the Jewish Agency's Children Choir. And in early spring of 1997 we were invited to perform in Vienna at the annual Keren Hayesod members' convention. Instead of hotel, we were sent to the families of the same KH members, where each kid was staying. I don't know what conditions other kids had. I had my own room with one very special object in it - a TV-set, connected to cable channels... and instead of sleeping I was spending my nights doing one thing - watching MTV: Alternative Nation, Chill-Out Zone and other stuff... there was a show that combined alternative artists' live performances with fashion shows by the hottest couturieres. I remember that The Prodigy/Vivien Westwood combination was crazy and I remember that the other show was with Tricky... and there was this one video by David Bowie in heavy rotation: it was from his upcoming album, and, despite being a total cross-over, it drove me even closer to electronica... and especially - my future great love - Jungle...

No comments:

Post a Comment