Wednesday 17 October 2012

Lamb

The summer of 1997 was coming to an end. But behind the euphoria of summer camps I felt caught up inside the image I created for myself. People became too used to an eccentric freak they knew and they rarely expected something deeper and more serious from me. I wanted to change it, but didn't know how.

One morning I went for a shopping round with my sister and suddenly she said: "Why don't you cut your hair? You've gotten too used to the long one, and you still can always grow it back, if you want".

We just went to the next barbershop and in 30 minutes it was over. I never felt such release! I was touching my head, like this was some brand new tactile sensation that my fingers never experienced. None of our friends that we were meeting the same day recognized me. And I liked this effect. I felt new, I felt that I finally declared the change that I was going through.

And new music was taking over my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment