Thursday 11 October 2012

Golden Brown

One of the first happy things for the summer of 1997 was our new PC that had a CD-Rom, so it took very little until the first CD's appeared in our house. Mine was a compilation, called "Punk Collection". It included all the usual suspects - Pistols, UK Subs, Exploited, Iggy and the Stooges, as well as some familiar names that my sister didn't have in her collection, and, most important - never before heard names: Stranglers, Knack, New York Dolls, Troggs, Damned, Buzzcocks, Flipper (oh - THAT's the Flipper from Kurt Cobain's t-shirt - not the dolphin from the TV-series!), Morphine and, oh, even Link Wray (I didn't remember his name there - just looked up in the tracklist).

That was pretty much funny, because for a few months this was the ONLY CD in my collection and I could listen to it ONLY on a computer, so that was happening not so often. But there was one song that me and my sister could listen in a loop. It wasn't quite punk, but that didn't matter too much - it was fitting my feelings very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment