Wednesday 3 October 2012

In Sides

Like I said before, I was very romantic and shy boy. I was falling in love but my shyness didn't allow me to make the first steps, or it was just too late to make them. One of the girls that totally blew my mind was Evelina, an eleventh grader and madriha at HaShomer youth club - the most creative, loving, caring and nice person in the whole company. A close friend of Ilya's and a muse for every kid that was in her group at the camp.

I don't know why, but in spring 1997, when I hopelessly fell in love with her, each our conversation remains in my memories like a psychedelic experience. I felt like walking on the air and the world around looked brighter and more colourful than ever.

The first hearing of this tune in 1997 for me was like Albert Hoffman's legendary bicycle ride. I just didn't know what to expect and allowed music to take me on a trip. And that's how I felt in those days - "Just go with the flow and see what's happening"... This was my personal age of discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment