Saturday 13 October 2012

Dead Cities

Don't be confused by the tunes I posted recently. Back in summer 1997 I was still mostly listening to heavy music, but, like I already said, this was the time of coming change.

I left the band, so I was looking for a way of self-expression. I discovered industrial and electronic music, and inspired by the articles in "MG" on music making, as well as, new video and music tapes from my sister's friend, I was experimenting with our new computer, the tape recorder and every object that was making sounds in our house. My sister's stereo-system had a "mixing mic" input, which allowed me to overdub recordings, while copying them from one tape to another. I could also do that, when copying them at a double speed, so I was just experimenting all the way through, combining AM radio noises, acoustic guitar (that I was awfully playing), sounds, produced on some parts of my sports corner. In general, for the next two years, my room became a studio, a musical instrument, and a canvas.
And I was constantly discovering more and more music that was taking me further into the brave new world of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment