Saturday 1 September 2012

White Noise

So, as you understand, I've started my way into the world of alternative music. By the summer of 1996 I've had all the classics in my collection: "Unplugged in New York", "Incesticide", "Bleach" and, finally, "Nevermind", Offspring, Green Day, Metallica (black album), Oasis, some compilations, I've also had some Russian rockers in my collection. Ironically, most of these cassettes by the end of 1996 were erased for the sake of more interesting stuff.

In the summer of 1996, after graduating from school my sister decided to not accept Israeli citizenship and came back to Minsk. With her she brought a massive music collection, which again has become a deep source of never heard before things, and one of the first things I jumped on, was a mysterious tape that I've already heard from her room. There was no tracklist, no title, the only thing, written on it was "White Noise"...

No comments:

Post a Comment