Monday 10 September 2012

Bjork

Alright, moving on: summer of 1996 was over and I was back to school. With a lot of new music and a few new buddies from the higher grades, who were already regulars at the Sokhnut and HaShomer summer (and winter) camps, as well as the growing up HaShomer youth club downtown.

These were the people with whom I could exchange music. And one of the first artists that such exchange drove my attention to was actually already in my sister's collection as well. But despite the expressive looking girl on the cover (of a licensed Israeli cassette), I still didn't give it enough attention. Or maybe I just wasn't prepared yet to hear the voice and the words that will soon become a recorded equivalent of my feelings. I've heard both of her first albums almost at the same time. I will not be posting the hit songs, but instead - those that deeply touched me, those that I could quote in many situations I've had in life.

Here's one of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment