Thursday 27 September 2012

Kristin Hersh

January 1997, the winter vacation and the winter camp were the beginning of an exciting period and a mind-blowing year in my life. Previous two years seemed like a rehearsal for the serious turn in my life.

I was falling in love with special girls that I met around, but was too shy to talk about my feelings. Those love affairs pushed my creativity to incredible levels, which later turned into music, visual arts and attempts at poetry. The first girl to blow my mind and make my heart bloom was Katya Volkova from Vitebsk. Her eyes had different colours, she was always around Ilya, a huge fan of The Doors, she called him Jim. And I called her Kate Bowie. Eccentric and loving flower child, she constantly spread euphoric atmosphere around her. Later, when I saw this video amongst other 4AD artists, the singer's face reminded Kate's so strongly that I was thinking of her each time I saw this video.

Note: The only place, where I could find this video, is some Bulgarian website, which is a bit slow. So, be patient and give it a time to load. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment