Friday 28 September 2012

Einsturzende Neubauten

Today's tune is from an album that was brought to my sister by the same friend that discovered for us Portishead a few months earlier...

"They're actually playing every metal or stone object in sight?!"... "Hold on, this guy is... from Nick Cave's Bad Seeds!"... "This is heavy as hell and there's almost no rock instruments used!..."

This was my introduction to industrial as well as the exciting world of new musical sounds. I also think that this record on behalf of the series of articles in "MG" about electronic music production, was the main inspiration to my first electronic experiments, which were very much based on sounds, taken from computer games - "Warcraft II" and "Shattered Steel"... But all that was a bit later...

All the while, in the middle of a 45-minute side of the cassette with the heaviest and darkest music I've ever heard, I discovered this incredibly beautiful ballad - one of my favorite love songs of all time:

No comments:

Post a Comment