Monday 17 September 2012

Batman

Although I had two great sources of great underground music, my update on new music was still mostly from the small bits I saw on TV. This song drove my attention to U2 and Batman movies. But after years it and their "War" album, that my sister had, remained the only thing I like about this band. Just because "War" was still more of a post-punk album that wasn't pretending to teach the world anything, and this song just had a great chorus. And I guess this was one of the first songs to actually drive my attention to movie soundtracks as the source of exclusive material that was never released on artists' full albums. I'll get back to it further on.

Did I ever manage to watch "Batman Forever" because of loving this song? No, - I stopped after "Batman Returns". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment