Monday 3 September 2012

Portishead

We're moving further: The summer of 1996 and the following autumn were so full of new music, that it's hard to remember the exact chronological order, so I think I'll be posting songs a bit more randomly.

With my sister's return, another important thing that came back to our flat was her often visiting friends. One of them was regularly bringing with him interesting music. In about a year, his collection will become the main source for my introduction to electronic music, but now, he brought us a tape of something very extraordinary. A British band that combined the vibe I liked in grunge with the beat and scratching I heard in hip hop. "If all hip hop sounded like this, I'd definitely like it more", I thought to myself. I took some time until I found my match, but this album definitely opened the gates to the next step of my musical development.

No comments:

Post a Comment