Friday 31 August 2012

One Hot Minute

Alright, moving forward!

While studying in Israel, my sister used to come home for a summer vacation every year. So, in 1995 she was there, when I "broke out". When she flew back, she gave an advise to my parents for a birthday present referring to my growing interest in certain kind of music.

So, to my 13th birthday I was given a cassette by a band that I've also discovered in HaShomer summer camp, but still didn't know the name. And, maaaan, I liked this gift so much! I was listening to it constantly, mostly while assembling a paper model of a tank. This album is so strongly associated with that process, that I can smell the PVA glue each time I hear any song from it. This has become my last model, from then on I've lost all the interest in any military activity - FOREVER.

I've paid attention that most fans of this band don't like this album for various reasons. However for me this is their ONLY album that I can listen to without skipping a song. And in general, I absolutely DON'T like anything they'd released afterwards. Some say this is a heroin record - I think it's a successful attempt at creating a PSYCHEDELIC record. And I think this is actually one of the records that inspired my taste for psychedelia later on. Just listen to the opening song! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment