Thursday 30 August 2012

Are You Gonna Go My Way

Before I continue with what was happening after I discovered Nirvana, there's one more song that I discovered from the MTV segments on Belorussian TV, which by the late 1994 became strictly hit-parade.

I can't tell that THIS song turned me on funk - it's not funk at all. It's much more like Hendrix-meets-Sly-meets-British-white-soul-rockers. But the sound here is so 1969-1970! It kinda took the classic rock that I knew from my father into my generation's dimension. And I loved the video very much, but... why do they all have to dance in slow motion? It would have more effect if they were actually moving to such a badass beat!

I tried hard to like this artist later, but besides this and one more song, he just wasn't that good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment