Saturday 17 November 2012

Welcome to "Tales from the Crates"

Hello everyone!

I am Markey Funk and this is my new blog dedicated to the long forgotten music that I used to listen to as a child (and a bit after that). Behind every song there is a story of people and music, hidden in the records grooves. Behind every favorite song there is a listener's personal story and memories. When I brought up the title "Tales from the Crates", I wanted to explore the stories behind the music that I'm collecting. Now, I'd like to use this title to tell my personal stories, that I recall, while looking through my cassette boxes.

After running a 3-month daily song project in my Facebook profile, I realized how much music can one person listen to while growing up and how much can a person tell about almost every tune that he remembers. Of course, Facebook timeline format is not perfect for such storytelling project, so I've decided to create a blog that will collect all these musical memories. It will not be updated daily (3 months is fine, but we all have lives), but instead I'll be posting a song every Saturday.

But before we go on further, you're welcome to scroll backwards, read and listen to all the music that I've been posting during last 3 months.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment