Saturday 17 November 2012

So Long

In winter I bought a tape of LTJ Bukem's "Logical Progression". In the middle of the mix there was this amazing tune. Each time I heard it, I was thinking about the day, when a plane will take us from Minsk. I was trying to imagine what I will see from my window seat... the noon sky, maybe the sea, maybe only the sea of clouds...

On July 18, 1999 it all became a reality: me on a plain going from one world to another, from one life to another... with no return ticket. I didn't realize yet, that this day will be the separation line between my life in Minsk and my life in Jerusalem. In 5 years, all this will be just memories. There will be music to bring those memories back, but there will be nothing to connect them to my new life here.

This wasn't the end of everything - this was only the end of the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment