Monday 14 January 2013

Underworld

Well, as you already understand, when I arrived to Jerusalem my head was in full B-Boy-style Hip Hop mode... on one hand... and deeply into Drum'n'Bass - on the other... So the developing interest in deep techno and disco-influenced house may sound really odd. And it still remains a mystery to me, because this is the only influence that with a time had no further development. Four-to-the-floor beats simply don't work well for me. But back in 1999 it was still a sort of sensation. Probably - thanks to one particular band and its two key albums of the 90's. We'll talk about the techno aspect of its influence later, but right now I'd like to concentrate on their ambient/downtempo side. This song was like an exciting extension to the "Soft Mix" they did for Depeche Mode (which you already know that I like a lot). Just an amazing ambient song with a simple but deep production:

No comments:

Post a Comment