Sunday 17 March 2013

GAIA LIVE MIXES. MASTERS AT WORK - PART 4

As I'm going further through recalling all those tunes that I heard for the first time that hot summer night on 1999, I realize that after all this was just a 1+ hour mix, but every tune, every short segment on it was an exciting discovery. And it's amazing how the influence of these tunes extended further in my life.

I already had my favorite kind of hip hop - Shadow, Vadim, Cam, Krush, Blackalicious, Wiseguys. But when after an array of rare grooves this tune came up, it was a whole new thing - I never heard a rap beat like that before: clean vocal group loop, minimalistic drums and claps and a smooth flow. It was like the purest street beat music.

And again, it would take me a few more years, before I'd discover the names behind this tune...

No comments:

Post a Comment