Saturday 9 March 2013

GAIA LIVE MIXES. MASTERS AT WORK - PART 3

It took me many years until I realized the connection between this bossa tune and one of my favorite rap tunes. But when I first heard it, I still didn't know it was sampled, and it seemed a bit strange (but somehow organically connected) that after the frist two vocal lines of the tune by The Bubble Gum Machine, this tune came up and, unlike 15 different short segments before, they played it ENTIRELY. I was't yet into Brazilian music - I only liked some classic Jobim stuff and liked the way Clifford Gilberto was sampling it. But for many years I was looking for this anonymous tune. Today, after I learned about Tropicalia and the whole following generation of creative artists of the 1970's, classic bossa nova has become less interesting for me, but this song will always remain amongst the few that I really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment