Saturday 22 December 2012

Hefner

When I first heard this tune by the future jazz artist Hefner (not the indie rock band) on "Radio Styl", I had no idea yet that search for this tune will bring me into the whole world of downtempo/electronic jazz music and a few years later - into broken beat scene. Later, in August 1999, when I was listening to Gaya Live (one of the first streaming web radio-stations to deal entirely with electronic music), I heard Hefner's music again. But this is an entire huge story to tell about. Let's be consistent...

It will take me about a year to find the Inertia Records compilation, where this tune was included. And another couple of years until I first find his tunes through AudioGalaxyy, and then - his entire album through SoulSeek. But still, this opening tune, alongside Clifford Gilberto and DJ Vadim's "London Mind State", will always remind me of my last spring in Minsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment